Saturday, May 29, 2010

Well...that could have gone better!

Last year didn't turn out quite as stunning as I had planned in weight loss and all. Hmmm...I've actually started over this year. And my started over, I mean I'm moving really, really slowly. I am pretty sure I've lost the same five pounds throughout this entire year.

But, with that said, I am ready to work hard at not gaining weight and stop avoiding all the things that fat girls shouldn't do. My "what fat girls shouldn't do" list this is my own mental list that restricts me from doing certain things because, frankly, I'm too fat.

1) visiting family: I'm going to go in July (if work isn't too hectic)...don't want to see people and hear me called "fluffy," but these peeps are family, and I can't avoid them forever!

2) buying a dress: I almost bought one the other day. Maybe when I lost 10 lbs (see? I'll still be fat but will have a dress. Makes sense in my own head.)

3) go to the craft store: I went to my favorite craft store a few months after I had my child and the owner asked if I was expecting again. That was nearly four years ago. Haven't been back sense. But I really do love the merchandise...and really want to go back.

That's all for now. It's nap time at our house. I've been meaning to post for ages and wanted to get something down while I was thinking about it. Happy Memorial Day weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Atta girl! Growth! And who says you have to lose weight to make progress?

    Beaming my yoga teacher to you...I accept you and love you just as you are right now, today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've gained 15 lbs in the last year. Some romance issues...and general craziness...

    ReplyDelete