Monday, June 8, 2009

Change

I needed a change tonight...seemed like Kristy and I may have been having some commitment issues since we have had the blog for six months and had not changed the look or named.

I'm in a reflective mood. My baby (my only) turns THREE tomorrow. Not only does that make me sad for sentimental reasons (she's growing soooo fast!), but it makes me think of lots of other things:

  1. Wow, I've really put on a lot of weight over these three years.
  2. My goodness I would kill to even fit into my maternity pants!
  3. In eight weeks, I'll have been at my job for three years.
  4. I haven't bought a new pair of underwear in three years - oh my!
That's kinda sad that I miss bras and underwear...but I have this thing about buying them at "my size." I would rather sew/staple/tape them back together. Whatever! I still enjoy buying other clothes. It's the wearing them that depresses me.

So ~ what to do, what to do? Obviously nobody here is getting younger. Although Ryls did tell me tonight that I was too little to give blood...sweet, innocent child. Do I commit? Do I stay miserable and never buy another pair of underwear again? Only time will tell. Sounds evasive, yes -- it's the daughter's b-day tomorrow. I have to help eat the candy from the pinata (hey, it's the only thing she asked for!!!)...then I'll think harder.

Yes, yes -- I definitely have a commitment issue. However, I'm pretty sure I'm close to getting back on track. After all, my baby (my only!) is (nearly) three. If I'm going to have another, I really need to focus and get in gear. I would like to think great things happen while I'm lounging on the couch...but that doesn't seem to be the case.

(I don't know where the whole job thing came into this...except I blame my job for making me fat. And, there's me eating too much and exercising too little...details, details.)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I love the elbow, I love the layout. and the images. You're awesome.
    :-).
    Jobs have a lot to do with your health. keep looking at it.
    Eat the candy and enjoy it...
    then figure out what you need to take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete