Monday, June 15, 2009

New books.

I'm working on understanding where my line is.
Whenever I eat vegetarian for more than a couple of days, I get extreme chapped lips, and twice now i've had puffy, scratchy eyelids breakout.

But when i don't focus that heavily on what I'm eating, i slide into the other direction completely. I eat lots of crappy food, and I feel heavy and gross most of the time.

I know there's an in between, and i'm determined to find it! I went to the library and took out a couple of books (in addition to the Guts and Glory thing I bought)

Here's what I got:
  • Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra - this is the one I'm most excited about. Deepak talks about how to bring the mind and body together, and explains Ayurvedic techniques. He's very good at explaining his systems that combine eastern and western medicine.
  • The Great American Detox Diet - Remember "Super Size Me" ? Remember the super vegan chef girlfriend who designed a diet for Morgan Spurlock to come back to health? Well gosh darned if she didn't write a book about it! This book will plunk me back into uncomfortable Alternative Health land...and the place where I have to decipher what's real for myself. The good thing is, Alex (you know, Morgan's Girlfriend) seems to have a very sweet way of writing.
  • 15-Minute Vegetarian- Dammit. I'm going to learn how to make this food so that I don't wind up with crusty dried skin all over my face and STILL feel light and happy when I'm done eating (as opposed to heavy and like a rock is in my stomach).
I'll let you know how they turn out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment