Sunday, July 26, 2009

Greens , Ginger, and detoxing again

My new favorite food is greens. Along with Bananas they are now a staple on my grocery list. All i have to do is saute up onions, garlic, add tomatos' then wilt the greens in the pan. Yum yum delicious.

My current favorite thing to do with this is to pour it over boiled potatos.

Next I think i'm going to eat it as a side with...just about ANYTHING. YUM.

So this week, I'm going to focus again. I have gained back any weight I lost earlier on this year (2-3 lbs). Plus I've been going back and forth into my bad habits of eating way too much and sitting in front of the tv.

so this week, I'm focusing...
  • Detox diet for 7 days: No sugar, no meat, no alcohol. fruits and veggies for snacks, no White starchie carbs (except Potatos. I don't believe in the white potato freakout).
  • Lots of Ginger tea. Deepak says overweight people have an excess of Kapha (mucus, heavy feelings etc.) and that Ginger tea helps to move kapha along.
  • To bed early, out of bed early to do...
  • Daily cardio, and walking my dog twice a day (the second one is to deal with guilt).
  • 3-5 days of strength training via weights, yoga, or isometric exercises. I'm playing with this...more on that this week.
  • Giving up TV. I've sunk back into a habit of watching videos at night for 2-3 hours @ a time. YIKES! So i'm going to take them out of the equation.
  • Attempt to meditate daily...the lack of Video's should help.
  • maybe quit biting my nails again. we'll see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment