Monday, February 16, 2009

M&Ms

I don't have anything inspirational right at the moment...just a funny story.

Ryleigh and I were hanging out inside her castle tonight and she had a little plate of magnetic letters. She told me they were not crackers...they were seeds. She carefully sat the letters down on the carpet going "seed, seed, seed." I asked, "are you planting broccoli?"

Ryleigh's answer: "No. I'm planting M&Ms."

The latest babysitter's assistant told me my tonight that my child is bossy and stubborn (no, she didn't use those words but it is a lecture I've heard more than once). She asked me if my husband liked to get his own way and said exactly what he was thinking. He's a man...so yes. But I'm pretty sure she gets that whole bossy thing from me. The assistant remarked, "Oh, well you and your daughter are meant to be leaders." Well, hell yeah! Who wouldn't want a smart leader who plants M&Ms instead of broccoli. Seriously!!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I can't grow a veggie or an herb to save my life...i bet i'd be a rock star @ growing M&M's!!

    ReplyDelete