Sunday, April 19, 2009

How long do you have?

We were checking out at the grocery store this evening...chatting about how old Ryleigh is, how cute she is, how big she is...and while we were waiting for the debit card to process, the cashier asked, "how long do you have?"

My reponse: "How long for what?"

Her response: stares at my face...then asks again "How long do you have?"

My response: "How long for what?"

At this time I was trying to think of things that we were waiting for. Since we just discussed how old the child was, I thought maybe she wanted to know when she would turn 3. I thought maybe she wanted to know how long the transaction would take...all kinds of thoughts.

Then she said: "Never mind." And repeated "I'm sorry" several times.

Duh! Now it seems obvious about what she was asking. She wanted to know how long I've had my breast implants. I do have fabulous boobs but they are natural. End of story!

(Okay, that last part was my little fantasy. I know now what she was asking and drowned my deep depression by eating chocolate chip cookies for dinner - because "the baby" really wanted them. I hate, hate, hate when people do that. And to make matters worse, my husband said "did she ask if you were having a baby?" when we got to the car. Yes, dear. Yes she did. Now, the baby wants some chocolate chip cookies...how long can you finish the first batch???)

1 comment: