Friday, March 20, 2009

Day 1 again. And again.

Sorry to steal your title, Kristy! But it fits what I'm feeling. This week's motivation is coming from wanting to have a baby, this skinny lady I just saw on House Hunters (and her hot Italian husband), more clothes choices, and just not wanting to feel blah any more.

I've been thinking a lot about all the goals that Kristy has set. I have one in mind for myself...30 minutes of activity a day. I'm perpetually late...I hardly get to work on time, pick the child up after work, cook dinner, bathe the child/put child to bed...and then, I'm freaking tired. Either FB calls to me, or I sit in bed and read/watch TV. I would like to start taking walks. And if I don't take a walk that day, then I need to do something else active - laundry, cleaning something, or just shaking my booty to my Zune tunes. Anything!

One day last week I set my alarm to wake up and walk before work. After 34 years, there is nothing that is going to make me a morning person. I snoozed my alarm for at least another hour that day ~ then I was late.

I've thought about walking at work. There is a great pond across the street with a trail around it. However, I'm a sweater. And my feet are stinky. Plus I hear the geese attack you.

Next up, I'm thinking about walking after work. Unfortunately, Curious George is on. If you have a two year old the thrives on routine...then I've said enough. And baby bed time is typically a non-negotiable item.

I'll try this whole activity again this coming week. I will also report on my second goal: to eat less when going out. I always eat too much. I need to really listen to myself and order just what I need. Seems simple. It's hard to get the brain, belly, and mouth to all work together sometimes.

We're supposed to be starting Weight Watchers at Work (at work). I've joined three times already and even worked in their customer service call center one summer. But I need something to get my brain going again...maybe this will work. We'll see.

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl.
    Do what you can! anything that inspires you.
    It sounds like you're really fighting some kind of mental battle though.

    ReplyDelete