Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's not a nail biter!

I had to develop a goal that I could accomplish in 6-18 months. I chose to lose 20 lbs.
Putting that in writing scares and tires me...and the goal had to be very specific and written in present tense in order to make it more real.

"I've lost 20 lbs, and my joints are pain free, and I am very physically fit! I no longer eat out of sadness, boredom, or loneliness. I can eat what I want and be satisfied."

No small feat, and putting it into words is very helpful.

Another aspect of this is to give up a non-constructive habit. Of which I have several ...hundred. :-).
I'm giving up nail chewing. I've done it ever since I can remember (probably since teeth!).

Whenever I realize I'm about the nibble on a nail, I do the following...
  1. Pause
  2. Feel Contentment (takes time sometimes ), know that I hold everything I need within me.
  3. Remember my goal, say it, and visualize it.
  4. Give Thanks (to whomever i like.)
Then do this for 40 days.
We are on day 38.
So far so good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment