Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Yoga of Fulfillment

So I'm getting ready to head out the door for Day 2 (of 5) of my annual Yoga-cation.
I'm studying under a system called Para-Yoga taught by Yogarupa Rod Stryker. We spend 5 days learning the teachings that have been handed down to the Yogarupa by descendents of Swami Rama. (for real. This is the coolest thing ever.).

The goal for this intensive is to learn how to take the peace that you create on your yoga mat, and bring it with you into your corporate office, family dinner, attempts at weight loss, or anywhere that you need peace.

I'll try to bring you a couple of great quotes. I thought I had some, but i can't find them!

On the physical side.. the poses we did yesterday has affect muscles i didn't know existed in my hips. Lots of emphasis on twisting.

2 comments:

  1. Fascinating! Have fun and keep us update...this is all very interesting. Do you know of any good DVDs or techniques to use with kids? Ryleigh and I like to stand around on one leg and look silly...I thought we could turn it into something constructive. Something we could do after work/school together, maybe. Thanks my friend! Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can probably find something pretty easily. I've been hearing a lot of people talk about teaching yoga to kids...must be a lot of fun!! Especially since the little ones have a tendency to take on any pose and master it!

    ReplyDelete