Sunday, January 4, 2009

"Beginnings are scary,...

Endings are sad, but it's the middle that counts" --Hope Floats.

So here I am at yet another beginning sort of.

3 years ago I lost 30 lbs. 30lbs!! That's a lot of weight. And it took me about 3 years to lose it. And I was proud...so proud.
Made it to an-almost-size-12...and for the next 3 years I was "getting ready to" lose another 20 lbs.

In that time, I've gained some weight back, and have been accidentally working on humility. I started a blog in 2006 calling it "THE FINAL COUNTDOWN" thinking that all i needed to do was apply my large brain and an exercise plan and i could do it.

I learned that life had other plans. I was sick a lot, under lots of work stress. etc. etc. And I fell into my comfortable patterns of Work--> Home--> TV watch/eat dinner
I stop/started a lot of exercise programs...expecting my body to perform at the level it did when I finished my weight loss. This over-exertion caused constant injuries to my right side (hip/knee/ankle).

So now I'm back at Square 1...and I'm taking it just a few weeks at a time
My plan for now is:
  • Treat injuries monthly with Dr. George!
  • Maintain 2 days/week of swimming
  • 2 days/ week of weight training
  • 9 day "Detox Diet"
  • 9 day Yoga/Meditation daily (mental/physical detox)
  • 9 Days without TV/DVD's (mental/habit detox ;-)
  • Blogging with my friend, Danielle - Using the Buddy System!
So for the next month Danielle and I going to discuss the trials and tribulations associated with starting over. It's me, Danielle, and Oprah. We're all re-assessing and trying to get something started.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this article about a list of weight loss sites and thought I would pass it along. Plus, if you scroll down to the comments section, readers talk about what sites have helped them as well.

    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/02/keeping-that-diet-resolution/?em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link! I added a couple of my blogs to those that I'm following.
    :0)

    ReplyDelete