Monday, January 5, 2009

Day 1, we had lots of fun

Well, not really. I spent a large part of the day hungry, got up too late to swim in the morning before work, and felt kind of crappy all day with a vague sinus headache. Then when I went to swim in the evening, they had 6 of us crammed into a lane. SIX People?

But I made it through, managing to swim for about 15 min and I just finished a dinner of a half a sweet potato, 2 scrambled eggs, and a glass of skim milk. Now I'm officially full and sleepy and it's only 7:10!

Food for me is a huge issue, and one that I've refused to be regimented about in my health overhauls over the years. My biggest downfall with food is that I love it in most of it's forms, especially those that you can consume in mass quantities.

"Emotional Eating" describes eating habits that connect to emotions. The feeling of fullness prevents emotions from surfacing, acting as a kind of legal drug. It's not awesome...but cheaper than alcohol.

After weeks of eating anything and everything, the restrictions feel close to my attempts to quit smoking. Anger flares up more quickly, feelings that have been buried come to the surface, sharp answers to everything are on the tip of my tongue.

This sounds terrible, but it's good and necessary...or so they say.

Oh ya, on my detox diet, it's basically eating a ton of veggies and fruits and limiting the rest of your food to a couple of servings a day.

I'm off to make Kale and Bean soup! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment