Sunday, January 25, 2009

Live to Eat

I never really understood the phrase "eat to live." I heard someone in line behind me somewhere years ago say that she only ate to live. I thought that was stupid because I figured we all eat to live...we kinda have to. But after all these years, I understand it. I don't practice it, but I understand the meaning.

Tomorrow through this next weekend, I thought I would try out this philosophy -- especially when eating out. I love food when it is yummy. I'm pretty good at not eating something that doesn't taste good regardless of the cost or amount of chocolate. However, if the food tastes good, I would like to eat it. I like Kristy's idea of moderation. I'm just not big on practicing the concept. I thought of all this when my omelet was very fat and tasty at IHOP this afternoon. I wasn't stuffed when I was done, but I started thinking about how it would be good for the waste and good for the wallet to get "just enough."

Another factor in my decision to think eating to live is my girls-only scrapbook weekend away. I only work a half day on Friday, leave to go scrapping, and will come home Sunday evening. While I will only be an hour away, I always get the vacation mentality. These women know how to cook some pretty darn good food!

I'm trying now to prepare myself to eat meals and snacks in moderation. I should really stop thinking that every meal could be my last meal. I will be 34 two weeks from today...I've been preparing for this supposed last meal for a LONG time. And if it is, who cares?!?! I'm pretty sure it won't matter where I'm going.

Kristy -- I said hi to pizza for you yesterday. We went to a cheap, yet tasty, pizza buffet ~ great for our wallets...very bad for the waste. And I thought of you the whole entire time I ate my loaded baked potato pizza slices. Not so much when I ate the small salad.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment